Thursday, May 17, 2012

La Plata mountains

One of the trails I ran a lot when I was in college was a trail in the La Plata Mountains outside of Durango Colorado. It's a trail without a particular name mostly because it is on private property and not supposed to be hiked or run. But when you want a killer workout off the beaten [and beautiful] path [which we did] then this was it.
The trail doesn't have a name that I know of but it may be Eagle Pass according to my perusing through Google Earth.

I did this run in June 2010.

The start of the trail crosses a creek.

After about 30 minutes of running you look back and get this view.

Just cruising along.

Spectacular view. The area has an old mine. This building is a relic of its past.

Near the top.

At the top.

Distance: 9 miles [?]
Time: 3 hours

No comments:

Cool Blogs